Thursday 15 April 2010


Bhaktapur- Bhaktapur, yeah very nice place, it's renowned for its elegant art, fabulous culture, colourful festivals, traditional dances and the typical newer lifestyle. Awesome tourist attraction, generous people. Let me tell you about a young gentlemen I met in Bhaktapur, he was a Buddhist. He spoke good enough Enligh to be able to persuade us that he knew a lot about Bkaktapur, he kept following us around, I felt guilty as I didn't have enough money to pay him for his tour! At the end of the tour he asked us in his best English " I don't want any money, but i'd be grateful if you could buy me a Nepali/English dictionary so that I can learn more English to improve my tours". We were astonished, a seven year old that should have been in school, but decided to educate himself!






Maiti Nepal- Trafficking
Maiti Nepal is situated in Kathmandu, it's aim is to stop trafficking. Traffic is a major problem in Nepal as they have no traffic lights or any roads signs indicating ways of reducing traffic congestion. The result of this is that Maiti Nepal have to rescue unwanted vehicles, as they're so badly damaged because of trafficking nobody wants them anymore.

Imagine if these vehicles were actually human beings..

For more information visit www.maitinepal.org

These are some of the evidence of what I got up to in Northampton! As you already know i've just returned from Nepal, thanks to Platform 2, funded by DFID and run by Christian Aid and BUNAC, it's a fully funded programme, but you have to repay their generosity by spreading the importance of fighting against poverty! I intend on writing many articles, blogging and campaining in Wales and the rest of United Kingdom! Come and join me by following my blog or get in contact if you'd like to take part!

Ceri

No comments:

Post a Comment